The music industry more than any other industry has evolved greatly in the last 10 years. However it is important for artistes especially the upcoming ones to learn and follow these steps just like today’s top rated successful artistes.
– The ability to always think about “The Big Picture”. There’s a part of your career that brings fulfilment, not just for the money and fame.
– The ability to bring to the table than just your music skill. Musicians should be intellectually inclined and balanced. Musicians that are successful are business people. There is a popular saying that readers are leaders, cultivate the habit of reading so that you can be well aware and informed about updates and new developments in the music industry,this will position you as a pacesetter in your music career.
– Be positive, always have a “Everyone wins” attitude .
– Have a specific type of work ethic. What’s your principle? Your principle can determine the rate and pace of your progress and achievements. Don’t take advice from everyone and just anybody. Always plan, think through for ideas to improve and invest in your music career.
– Steadfast loyalty; this is probably one area artistes and musicians needs to be discipline about. Since the music industry largely relies on having a good contact, always value every relationships and keep a positive spirit in your career relationships e.g your manager, recordlabel music management etc
Author – Adewale Adeyemi